Can You Substitute Tomato Paste For Tomato Sauce?: Are you missing eating homemade pasta, and other Chinese dishes due to the strict diet?
Now, it's Sunday and you're planning to prepare some delicious Italian or Chinese recipes like pizza, pasta, soups, chili, burger, etc. but you forgot to purchase tomato sauce from the store.
Stuck here due to the loss of tomato sauce in the kitchen store but no worries there are various substitutes that do your job in no time. One of the substitutes is tomato paste but haven't known that can tomato paste substitutes for tomato sauce.
So, let's see the complete guide on whether can you substitute tomato paste for tomato sauce without any delay.
Yes, tomato paste can be substituted for tomato sauce in chili and in other recipes too because it has the same color, taste, and texture when it dilutes with water. Like tomato sauce, tomato paste can also add flavor and thicken your chili, soups, sauces, and stews.
So, make sure to prepare the tomato paste with fresh tomatoes and store it in the fridge for using it as tomato sauce when required. Do check the other way of substitution means Can You Substitute Tomato Sauce For Tomato Paste from the provided link.
Switching tomato sauce with tomato paste is very easy because tomatoes are flexible and it can mix well in any recipe. The ratio to substitute tomato paste for tomato sauce is half part of paste and half part of water for 1 cup of tomato sauce.
Also, it needs to add some seasoning to taste like the original sauce. Seasonings you can add to tomato paste are sugar, a pinch of salt, pepper, garlic, and onion powder.
The amount to add all these seasonings are generous and it's completely based on the quantity you diluted the tomato paste as a sauce. Related Posts:
- Can You Substitute Vegetable Oil for Olive Oil
- Can you substitute olive oil for vegetable oil
- Can You Substitute Olive Oil For Vegetable Oil In Brownies
Making tomato sauce from tomato paste is so easy all you need are some ingredients like onion, garlic, and spices, seasonings, fresh basil. To make 1 cup of tomato sauce from tomato paste, take 1/2 part of water and 1/2 part of tomato paste and blend well.
Now, see how to turn tomato paste into tomato sauce for spaghetti or noodles or pasta or pizza. Ingredients List:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small or 1/2 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 large cloves of garlic, finely chopped or minced
- 1 cup tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- Pinch of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- ½-cup coarsely chopped fresh basil
- Take a saucepan, add olive oil, onion, and garlic and let them come to fry at medium flame. Just onions should turn translucent.
- At this point, add equal parts of water and tomato paste. Blend all together very well and let them boil to a simmer.
- Also, add a teaspoon of salt and a pinch of sugar, and other seasonings as per your choice at this point.
- To make a rich saucy flavored tomato sauce, be patient and cook it for 15 minutes or more than that on medium heat.
- When oil separates from the sauce slowly and thickens the sauce, pour vinegar in small amounts and also add a coarsely chopped handful of basil to enhance the taste.
- Mix them well for a few minutes to release the basil leave flavor into the sauce and enjoy the homemade sauce using tomato paste.
- Taste it before storing it and fix the seasoning defects before turning off the heat.
Also Read: Can You Substitute Applesauce For Oil
Yes, tomato paste can be replaceable with tomato sauce in the recipe. Just dilute the required amount of paste with water and make tomato sauce for replacement in the recipe.
Nothing will get changed in the recipe if you use tomato paste instead of sauce as it will be in same taste and texture after diluting with water.
Yes, tomato sauce can be made from tomato paste by adding one part of water into one part of tomato paste. Blend the mixture until its consistency is like tomato sauce.
Have you found the exact answer to your question ie., Can You Substitute Tomato Paste For Tomato Sauce? If yes, then it's a great thing for you. If not, please let us know what are your confusions and what we can do for you to clear your issues on food substitutions.
Drop your suggestions, feedback, and queries on almost all substitutes and get the solutions from us soon via articles published on our website @canyousubstitute.com.