Can You Substitute Whole Wheat Flour For All Purpose Flour?: If you are conscious about nutrition and diet then using whole wheat flour in cooking and baking is the healthy option. As it gives whole grain nutrients and keeps your body in good condition. Have you ever wondered about the possibility of replacing all purpose flour with whole wheat flour?
If yes, then this article is the right one to provide you with the answer to your query. From this guide, you will exactly come to know about Can You Use Whole Wheat Flour Instead of All Purpose Flour, how to substitute properly, and what are their nutrition facts.
- Can You Replace All Purpose Flour With Whole Wheat Flour?
- How To Substitute Whole Wheat Flour For All Purpose Flour?
- Whole Wheat Flour vs All-Purpose Flour – Nutrition Facts
- FAQs on How can I use whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose flour in recipes?
- Can you substitute whole wheat flour for all-purpose flour in baking?
- What happens if you use whole wheat flour?
- Does whole wheat flour rise like all-purpose flour?
- What flour can I substitute for all-purpose flour instead of whole wheat flour in cooking or baking?
- How much more water does whole wheat flour need?
Can You Replace All Purpose Flour With Whole Wheat Flour?
Yes absolutely you can replace All Purpose Flour With Whole Wheat Flour in all recipes but using it in a proper way gives better and exact results. For amazing results, all you have to follow is stick to the recipe instruction and perform the replacement perfectly.
As we all know that whole wheat flour is the best substitution for white flour or regular flour as it contains more protein, fiber, and carbs. Enjoy your favorite baked goods with good nutrients by swapping all-purpose with whole wheat flour.
To know more about the replacement and substitution ratio scroll down the mouse and read out the next module clearly. If you don’t have wheat flour handy then try out the other substitutes for all-purpose flour by referring to our related guides as follows:
- Can You Substitute Cake Flour For All Purpose Flour
- Can you substitute bread flour for all-purpose flour
How To Substitute Whole Wheat Flour For All Purpose Flour?
Substituting Whole Wheat Flour For All Purpose Flour is quite simple but remembering the quantities is the trickiest part while replacing. So everyone is requested to follow this section clearly and easily substitute whole wheat flour in place of all-purpose flour in recipes.
You can replace wheat flour in two ways by combining it with other flour types or else by adding more liquid ie., water. Now let’s talk about the replacement of wheat flour with all-purpose flour, simply add equal parts of whole-wheat and other flour, ideally all-purpose, or pastry flour to prevent denser foods.
To replace all-purpose or white flour with only whole wheat flour in recipes, then adding 7/8 cups of whole wheat for one cup of white flour is the proper substitution measurement in baking. In any type of substituting whole wheat flour for white flour in cooking or baking, the 1:1 substitution doesn’t work great so make sure to follow the instructions carefully while swapping.
- Can you substitute self rising flour for all purpose flour
- Can You Substitute Coconut Flour For Almond Flour
Whole Wheat Flour vs All-Purpose Flour – Nutrition Facts
Whole wheat flour is a whole grain flour that has more nutrients than all-purpose or white flour as it includes more gluten content than wheat one. If you want to see the comparison of both flours then look at the simple cup-by-cup comparison below.
|Nutrients||Whole Wheat Flour||All-Purpose Flour|
|Protein||16 gms||12 gms|
|fat||2 gms||0 gms|
|fiber||12 gms||4 gms|
|carbohydrate||84 gms||92 gms|
- Can You Substitute Almond Flour For Regular Flour
- Can You Substitute Flour For Cornstarch
- Can You Substitute Cornstarch For Flour
FAQs on How can I use whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose flour in recipes?
1. Can you substitute whole wheat flour for all-purpose flour in baking?
Yes, you can substitute whole wheat flour for all-purpose flour in baking. Most of the baked goods can be done perfectly with whole wheat flour but the only difference you can see is a little darker.
2. What happens if you use whole wheat flour?
If you use whole wheat flour in baked or other flour-based cooking recipes, you can enjoy nutritious and flavorful food. By using this flour, you can make drier and coarser textured products than other refined flour.
3. Does whole wheat flour rise like all-purpose flour?
No, whole wheat doesn’t rise like all-purpose flour as it will not provide the gluten-type content in the flour as all-purpose does. So it won’t rise as well as all-purpose or other flours.
4. What flour can I substitute for all-purpose flour instead of whole wheat flour in cooking or baking?
A list of a few alternatives for all-purpose flour is as follows:
- Rice flour
- Buckwheat flour
- Chickpea flour
- Almond flour
5. How much more water does whole wheat flour need?
In whole wheat flour, there are two types, white and traditional ones. White whole-wheat flour requires 1-3 extra tsp liquid per cup of flour whereas traditional whole-wheat flour needs 5 tsp of water per cup of flour.
We hope the information filled on this page regarding whether Can You Substitute Whole Wheat Flour For All Purpose Flour assisted you so much while the replacement. If you need any assistance throughout your cooking journey on food substitutions then comment us below or else do follow our site @canyousubstitute.com regularly for daily updated articles on food.